At First Arkansas Bail Bonds, we realize that everyone is not familiar with the process of “Posting Bond”. For this reason we have outlined the basic procedures and instructions for posting bond. Please note, if you do not understand any part of the process which is explained below you can contact our corporate office at (870) 425-6094.
If you know the facility where the person is incarcerated please click this link “Find a Bondsman”. You will be directed to the state map . Move your cursor to the county or city with the facility and click. You will be provided with the agents name and phone number and you will be able to speak directly to the agent. You can also contact our corporate office at 870-425-6094.
QUESTIONS YOU WILL BE ASKED BY THE AGENT
- The name and date of birth of the person incarcerated.
- List of charges the person has been charged with.
- The amount of the bond
Please note, this information can be obtained by the agent if you do not have it available.
BAIL BOND PROCEDURE
- Bond Premium: Arkansas Law requires bail bond companies to charge and collect a ten percent premium on all bonds. It also provides there will be a $50.00 minimum on premium for any bond of $500.00 or less.
- Fees: Arkansas Law also requires certain fees to be collected with every bond posted and they include the following: Public Defender Fee $20.00, Admin Fee $20.00, State Fee $20.00 and County or City bond fee $20.00.
- Payment: All premium and fees are due and payable at the time the bond is written. Financing is available depending on the amount of the bond. This can be determined with the agent posting the bond.
- Collateral or Security: Bond amount will determine if collateral is needed for the bond. Often times we will only require a co-signer often referred to as the indemnitor, if they meet the criteria we require.
Types of collateral:
- Real estate, A lien will be filed on behalf of our company for the amount of the bond. After the final court appearance has been made and all premium monies have been paid the lien will be released.
- Vehicles of any kind must have a clear title in the owner’s name.
- Certain other property can be used as collateral depending on the value and the amount of the bond.
For Additional Information: